Friday, November 25, 2011

November 24

On thanksgiving Day, should I write a "more thankful than average post?"  Let me just type and we can see what comes out, ok? :) Deal. Because it's my blog, I can type what I want.

I am thankful for a bathroom in our bedroom. This will only last one more day, but it is so wonderful to climb out of bed and walk right into the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. It is such motivation. I love it, even if it is just our vacation room.

I am thankful for Krista. A friend that I love deeply and have been walking through life with since college. I sat on the couch while everyone was watching football today and wrote her a really long letter. I am so glad that we are still writing letters to each other and pouring our hearts to each other.

I am extremely thankful for Ruth Hayley Barton--an author that is kicking my butt. I am finishing up a book of hers, and it is a very hard read. I read a chapter tonight that I just wanted to throw across the room, because I knew if I applied the truths in that chapter it would be a lot of hard and painful work. I am not sure if I want to do it. Even though this is frustrating, I am thankful that God uses people in my life to challenge me, even if they are authors I have never met.

I am thankful for the text that Wendi sent me today. I am very grateful for her friendship and our chance meeting. So glad that God brought us together and looking forward to many years of life together. 

I am thankful for my sister in law. I am thankful that I can count on her texts making me smile during some hard times. I am thankful that we are coming together as family, and not just "Jon's brother's, girlfriend." (Er....now wife.....but when I first met her). 

I am grateful that I have a job that I love, a job that is flexible, a job that has eternal meaning, a job that brings such joy to my life.

I am grateful for my external bounce flash. Taking pictures inside are much easier with my bounce flash pointed at the ceiling.

I am thankful for a chance to go to bed early today.


Thank you Lord, forgiving me so much to be thankful for.




No comments: