Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16

Today I am grateful for my staff meeting. I am grateful for the organization that I work for.

Our staff meeting today was training on longevity in ministry. It was, in so many ways so so good. There was a time of teaching and a time of journaling, back and forth 3 times. Um, yes! Exactly how my brain works. It was also so so hard. It forced me to confront some issues that I have been putting aside, sweeping under the rug and running from. That wasn't so fun, but I am leaning into the work that Jesus is doing in my heart. Not fun, but good.

I am thankful for the community that I have with InterVarsity staff. There are few people in this world that I can be transparent with and one specific colleague is a person that asks specific questions, challenges me, and encourages me. Over lunch she was asking me how I have been doing practicing my spiritual gifts. I love that a) she asks those questions, b) that we have a relationship where she knows what my gifts are, c) that she keeps me accountable and d) that she cares whether or not I am working in my giftings.

Jon and I were working with a student tonight, having a tough conversation. I was so grateful that I can be in ministry with my husband. Grateful for the work that God has done in the life of my husband.

Thank you Jesus!!

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

This is good stuff. Really good. I can't wait to talk for real. It's been far too long...