Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 6- Teachers


I grew up in a family of teachers. I never ever want to be a teacher. I don't have that much patience. I can't put things into a language kids can understand. I don't understand why you can't grasp easy concepts. And since we are being honest here, I really don't like other people's kids that much.

I am so incredibly glad for men and women who choose to invest their lives into the lives of children. These teachers do not get paid what they are worth, they are scrutinized and judged and endure long, tiring days. I am so grateful for teachers.

I am grateful that G has a new teacher. His teacher quit abruptly about a month ago (as if this kid needed more transition in his life.) This week, there is a new teacher for him, one that he really likes, and one that I think will be great for his class room.

I am grateful for my mom, sticking it out as a second grade teacher for 30 years. Today she was hurt by a kid, and spent some time in this hospital getting x-rays. This is not the first physical incident she has between a kid and yet she continues to work hard at her job. Keep pressing on mom! 

I am so grateful for teachers and more grateful that God allowed me to break the generational tradition in my family to NOT be a teacher. :)


No comments: