Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 13- That's what she said


All day I have been thinking about what I will post today. I can't just post a general, "I am thankful for my birthday. I am thankful I was born."

How about, I am incredibly thankful for the card that my dearest friend Krista sent?

Or, how about the remote car starter that my in-laws bought me? Or better yet, the date money that they sent?

Or, the gift that my grandma sent?

Or, the privilege it is to bear the burdens of college students. I feel honored that so many of them today trusted me with pain in their lives and shared some of the deep parts of their hearts.

Or, that starting on Saturday, both G and J will have extended parenting times on Saturday and Sunday. I am rejoicing that we will have some reprieve in our house. And a nap, definitely a nap. Just know that from 12-4 on Saturday, I will be scheduling NOTHING BUT naps for myself, Caleb and Jon. That's probably not true. Except when it will be.

Or, I could be really thankful for my new obsession: Once Upon a Child. THE BEST SECOND HAND KIDS STORE EVER. I bought clothes for G, Caleb, J and my niece Raegan. Hey, a girl has GOT to buy girl clothes.

Or, I could be grateful that my husband is letting me get some sweet photo shop actions for my birthday.

Or, I could be thankful that I FINALLY found a pair of boots that I have been looking for.

But the icing on the cake.....

A card from  my husband.

I fully intended a mushy, lovey dovey card, that was until I opened the envelope and saw the face of Michael Scott. I bet you can guess what happened when I opened the card. Yep, "That's what she said."

I laughed so hard. Seriously. I cried.

And then I read what he wrote, and it was indeed, sweet and meaningful, so I really cried.

This card had be crying double.

I am so thankful for the "That's what she said" card.


No comments: