Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12- Sabbaths


Each week, I am grateful fro the discipline of Sabbath Keeping, but this week, especially. I did set my alarm this morning, only so G could get to school on time. I woke up at 7 instead of 5:30. I have a jammie/movie day planned with Caleb, and some extended time in prayer and journaling planned.

I am thankful that God created sabbaths. I am thankful that it is command from the Lord. I am thankful that as a student in InterVarsity I was encouraged to sabbath and now years later, I have established the discipline and can encourage students in the same way.

I am grateful that I am not a slave to work. I am grateful that I can trust God with a day off. I am grateful for the rest. Especially after this crazy Compelling Weekend.

Here's to sabbath keeping! If you are a Jesus follower, and don't take time to Sabbath, it is a great joy!!

No comments: