Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1- The Mouth Speaks

It's November!! One of my favorite months of the year.
-It's my birthday month
-It officially begins "the holiday season"
-It's my birthday month
-It's colder and big hoodies, sweaters and slippers are totally appropriate
-It's my birthday month
-It is a great time to practice the discipline of thankfulness
-It's my birthday month

What? You don't celebrate your birthday month. You totally should.

Each day of the month during November I will be posting at least one thing that I am thankful for.

Today: "The Mouth Speaks."

We have a cd in our car, Bible verses put to song. There is no question what Caleb's favorite song is...."The mouth speaks." He wants to listen to it on repeat. Forever. The verse is: "Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Today I had a great conversation (as great as one can have with an almost three year old).

Caleb, do you know what this song means? 
Yep, out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.
Right, but do you know what that means? If you have love in your heart, your words will speak love. If you have hate, anger, frustration, you will speak hate, anger frustration. 
Oh. 
Mommy is trying really hard to have the love of Jesus so that out of my mouth comes love.  What do you want to come out of your mouth? 
Jesus.
Do you remember what this song means? 
Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 
What do we want to flow out of our heart? 
Love. 
And what will come out of our mouth? 
I will just throw up out of my mouth.

I died.

And then I prayed that his little heart is filled with truth, love, grace and mercy and it flows right out of his heart.

1 comment:

Krista said...

LOL. Throw up. That's awesome!