Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 16- All About Caleb


Every single day I am thankful that the Lord has allowed me to be Caleb's mama. I don't take that role lightly, and pray that I would be a good steward of this life that God has given me. I tell Caleb every day that I am glad that I get to be his mommy and that he gets to be my son.

But this post is more than my love for Caleb.

This week was cause for a lot of celebration, even if in the midst of a busy week, we forgot:)

November 15 is our "Forever Family Day", the day a Calhoun County Judge signed the adoption papers and  said that Caleb was officially a Sausser.

This week is national adoption week. I am so grateful for people who are getting the word out about the need for adoption, and the call that God calls us to care for the orphaned. It is not an easy call, but man, do we see the face of God in these kids!

This week is also National Pre-mature birth day. I was born pre-maturely. Caleb was born 2 months early at   3 lbs and was in the hospital for 6 weeks. I am grateful for the advances that have been made in medicine so that these babies have the absolute best care.

I am thankful for adoption. I am thankful that Caleb's birth mom chose life. I am proud of her for making a hard decision to place Caleb in adoption. What a brave woman. I think about her often.

Today, I am thankful for adoption, and thankful for Caleb. I am so grateful that God has allowed us to be Caleb's parents. What a privilege and blessing!

No comments: