Monday, November 1, 2010

Scrumptious Saturdays and Sundays

This is not an excuse, but due to me forgetting   crazy halloween festivites, Scrumptious Saturdays and Sundays is on Monday today. Forgive me.

The goal is that a) each week I will try something new to make and b) I hear from you, hear what you are making in your kitchen. 

I wish I would have taken pictures, next time. We will try it this week, ok? 

Just a few favorites this week: (Click on the link for recipes) 
-I also made spaghetti squash for the first time, and it was obvious that I was a spaghetti squash virgin. I have no idea how to make it, it did NOT turn out well. If you have any good ideas, let me know. 

This week should be interesting to see what we make. Aside from birthdays and holidays, Jon and I are doing "no carb November." We are trying to jump start our weight loss again. So my meals will look far healthier than this week's chicken and dumplings:) 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So how did you try to cook your spaghetti squash? I always cook it in the oven at 350 till it is easy to pull apart. It can vary depending on the size of your squash, but I find longer better. I find it good with red sauces but nothing else. Hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

This won't help your no-carb-November, but I made this recipe out of desperation tonight with the limited ingredients we have and it was VERY delicious! I'm surprised that we had mostly what we needed (red peppers instead of green, frozen hashbrowns instead of potatoes... etc). http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001142037
We LOVED it! --Krista