Monday, November 8, 2010

I don't feel like it

I am so glad that God has taught me a lesson on emotions on the past year. Mind you, I would NEVER EVER WILLINGLY relive the circumstances that brought the lessons, but I did learn...a lot.

I learned that my emotions lie. I cannot base my decisions on my emotions. I am grateful that God uses my emotions to fuel passions and excitement but it is only part. Sometimes there are things that I simply have to do, even when I don't feel like it.

This seems to be the attitude of my life lately, "but I don't feel like it." I don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night when Caleb loses his pacifier. I don't feel like waking up early to spend time with my Savior. I don't feel like cleaning the house. I don't feel like making dinner for my husband. I don't feel like working out. I don't feel like working. I don't feel like being fully engaged in conversation. I don't feel like being a part of a church where I don't feel like I don't connect. I don't feel like being on a tight budget. I don't feel like being a good friend right now.   I don't feel happy all the time. I don't feel like it.....AH! So now you have been inside my head this morning. Scary place, isn't it?

I am so glad that God has taught me that it is not all about what I feel. A lot of it is about what I know. What I know to be true about Him and about myself. I cannot rely on emotion, especially as a self proclaimed "feeler"  on the MBTI test.

Today I rise on what I know, even when I don't feel like it.

That being said....there is work to be done that I don't feel like doing.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you have stuck it out at church. I can't imagine it without you! You guys are such a blessing.

I am kinda right there with you. I am learning about emotions too. It is not an easy thing.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You have the words here for where I'm at too... (in some shape and form). I miss you. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

bean