Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Should Have Listened

This past weekend, 600 college students and staff gathered for our annual fall conference. It was an amazing time where God met each and every one of us. I wonder why I didn't have faith that God could move in such a way. I will share later about what God did at Compelling2010: Strong and Courageous. It is all whole other post. And it will be awesome.

When we finished the conference we had a staff meeting. In that staff meeting we were talking about how the Spirit was at work in crazy ways, in ways that some of us have never seen, or did not expect. We talked about sealing what happened in prayer and fighting the temptation that Satan will throw at us. Surely he did not want to see that work happen, so we needed to be aware that he was going to mess it up, tempt us to fall into sin, etc.

I didn't listen. I thought, "yah, I should pray for that, but...."

And sure enough, come Sunday afternoon I was angry, tired, mad at my husband, a grump, worried, not a good daughter/sister/mother/wife/friend/staff worker.

Bright and early Monday morning we had our finalization hearing, ending the adoption process!!! It seemed like everything that could wrong did....even though I know that is an exaggeration.
-my house was a mess
-I had no sleep
-I was upset in my marriage
-I couldn't find clothes to wear
-we had wrong directions, and everyone in our party was late
-We had wrong directions to the courts, to the place where we were going to take pictures, and then to the restaurant.
-I was TIRED. Really tired.
-Our photographer got lost and I had to take our family pictures
-The pictures were not good, not bad, but not what I would have done
-I was TIRED

And in the end, I took a nap.

And now, I am on my knees, shaking the gates, knowing that God has started a great work.

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I know - Monday was great... and crazy. I felt like I let you down and that was hard, but it is what it is.

Praying with you.

Kim said...

Didn't notice your house was messy (just looked like a little boy lives there is all) and your clothes looked great...I had no idea that you were upset - you hid it well. :) Thank you for including us.

Kim