Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Worshipping in the Wait

Would I have chose this way? Not a chance. This way has been hard. very.very.hard. No one wants to go through two possible adoptions, getting completely scammed by one birth mother and waiting on hold for months another. But it has been good.

During this time things have been good. Mostly because God is good, and He is teaching us some great lessons. Before I would have said, "God forget the lessons and give me my baby," today I say, "I will walk closely and glorify you in all I do, and I hope that part of your plan is me being Caleb's mumma."

Some things that have been good:
-Jon and I have begun to regularly fast. Fasting is a way to connect with God in an intimate way because we are giving up physical needs. It has been a glorious time to watch God work in our lives.
-Jon and I pray together every single day. So sweet to hear the cries of my husband to the Lord.
-I don't even recognize my husband anymore. He has grown as a man following after the Lord in crazy ways. I keep looking at him with new eyes. He truly has God's heart and I love him (and Him) even more.
-I have learned that I have had a lifetime of dealing with pain in negative ways. Overeating, oversleeping, running to people instead of God, and other numbing agents have been my vice. I do not write to you saying I have it all together, no where near that, but I am recognizing my faults and want to desperately change those behaviors in my life.
-Following Jesus is not based on emotions or circumstances. It is a choice we make- every day.
-People mean well, they do. But they say really stupid and hurtful things. I have learned to keep my mouth shut. --Really guys, I am gonna try:)
-Those who really care about us have stepped up and have gone out of their way.
-There are a lot of people who pray. This SHOCKS me. I am not sure if I am more surprised at the amount of pray-ers or that someone would actually take the time to pray for my family.
-Facedown on the ground before the Lord is the best place to be.
-I have thought about going into social work to shake up and change "the system"
-I have never had more faith than I do today
-I have never had a more consistent prayer life than I do today
-I have never sought the Lord with the entirety of my being as I am today
-Sometimes we don't have the answers and it's ok. It's hard, but it's ok.
-I really really really love blogging....and scrapbooking....some great tools to take your mind off of things.
-Both of our parents are really excited to be grandparents, and who would not love to see their parents be excited?
-The love of a child is not dependent on whether or not I have given birth to him. My arms ache to hold Caleb and my heart so desperately wants to be his mom.

Would I do it again? Only if the Lord asked me to and was leading me there....I don't think anyone willingly walks into pain.

No comments: