Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week #3 in Pictures

Sunday January 24, 2010
Jon and I could not bring ourselves to go to church this morning. We knew that we would have:
-a lot of questions that we don't have answers to
-people trying to act sympathetic
-people trying to act like nothing happened to us in the past week
-and worst of all....people giving lame lame lame lame advice.
INSTEAD: I went to Bigby and spent a few hours drinking a Caramel Mellow, spending time with my journal and studying scripture. What a great Sunday!!!

Saturday January 23, 2010
I don't have a picture, per say, but the link will have to do. For 3 days 2 boxes have sat in my entry way, and neither Jon or I had the gumption to open them. Their contents? Caleb's crib set. I finally opened them on Saturday and LOVE it. Praying that he will be sleeping in it soon.


Friday January 22, 2010
So apparently Albion students don't like their picture taken. Ah, stink! Friday and Saturday I was able to have a great retreat with some of the InterVarsity students at Albion College. We spent time studying scripture, praying together and growing in our relationships with each other. It was a great time, and God used it to minister to me as I remembered truths about the God I serve.


Thursday January 21, 2010
I really am not looking for sympathy, but I really do not have a picture for today. All I did was...cry. Trust me...you did not want to see my face.

Wednesday January 20, 2010
I was so excited to visit Caleb today! He had on a new outfit and was stunning:) I am really really hoping that this was not the last time I held him in my arms. It was today that I received the phone call saying that birth mom is changing her mind. We were asked to leave the hospital so she could come and visit.

Tuesday January 19, 2010
Kaya wanted me to know that she is ready for a baby in the house. If she can sleep with a 3 year old, why not a newborn?

Monday Jan. 18, 2010
After spending a week at the hospital with Caleb, I was so excited to have some girl time!!! Luckily I was able to spend time updating my scrapbook with Amber and Rachel.


3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love that you are doing daily pictures. I am doing that too and I am obsessed.
I love your header. What it says on it made me cry.
I love that some of my dear friends are also your dear friends. They are wonderful.
I love that you are so honest.

Anonymous said...

In reading your FB posts, it still amazes us how some people just CAN'T stop giving - to quote you - lame lame lame lame lame advice!! :) Praying that you'll be bringing your boy home soon.
Take care, PB & J

Jessie said...

Hahaha I totally saw that picture of me and thought, "someone has the same Bible as me!!" until I realized that, duh...