Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introducing Our Boy

We have been so blessed by meeting the lil man. He is absolutely beautiful. Most likely you will be getting updates from me via the blog. If you can want to call, go ahead, and we will call you back. Right now, we have permission to stay at NICU 22 hours a day. We will not be there the whole time.....we will need some sleep too.

Today, I am with my mom and my sister, and we will be heading down to the hospital for the day. As of now, no one but Jon and I are allowed to in NICU, so it looks like mom and Jenna will be in the waiting room all day.

Some stats:
-Currently doing great!! He weighed in at 3lbs, 9 oz last night
-He opens his eyes and looks around the room
-He is not a fan of the camera flash...he grunts every time I took a picture. Jon's words of advice "Get used to it, your mommy takes lots of pictures."

Our plan:
-waiting for the custody hearing, the paperwork should be in the hands of the courts today, which means the soonest the hearing could be would be two weeks from today
-I will be planning on spending as much time as possible at the hospital with our lil guy. It is important for him to feel some lovin' :)
-Jon will be staying home and working today, and then heading out tomorrow to spend Friday afternoon-Sunday night at the hospital
-We are working on a schedule, seeing that the hospital is an hour and a half away from us:)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I was so excited to see your update and the pictures of this beautiful little boy! He is so gorgeous! What a crazy and amazing couple of days you guys have had :)

Jessie said...

Oh Kristin! I just discovered your blog and cannot express how happy I am for you and Jon. What a beautiful little boy. I'm just beaming. Good luck with everything... get some sleep if possible and enjoy him!! :) Can't wait to see you in less than a week!!

Natalie Joy said...

Did you know today was "Blog De-lurking day?" I'm guessing by all the exciting news in your life that you did not! :0) I am feeling obligated to delurk myself and let you know I was reading your exciting news. He is a beautiful baby. God's blessings to you and your husband through this process!

Alaina Sharp said...

Kristin, he's amazing! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I think he has very kissable lips. You'll need to keep the girls away from him for a loooong time!

~ Laura