Saturday, July 24, 2010

Add Making My Own Baby Food to the List of Things I Said I Would Never Do.


"I just don't want you to get carried away," my cautious, yet weirded out husband responded as I was making yet another batch of baby food for the day.

"I am not getting carried away. I am on my last batch. Besides, you should be happy I am working hard on saving some money," was my response.

The thing is, I think he's right.

I think I may be getting carried away.

And it has only been day 1.

I LOVE MAKING MY OWN BABY FOOD.

There is something satisfying about see the food, pureeing it, and then watching my lil' man eat it.

There is something satisfying about knowing that this takes just a little bit of time, but the money we save will be great.

There is something satisfying about feeling like, "I might actually be able to do this mom thing."

And so it begins. I add to the list of things I said I would never do. As I go to bed tonight, there are beans, carrots and apples in the fridge, and peas, beans and carrots in the freezer.

What are you baby making food tips????


3 comments:

Kelly Fink said...

I LOVED making baby food too. I usually just made whatever I was eating. So if we were having green beans as a side dish, I would just puree it up as I was making the main meal. It also helped that I just able to wash the blender as I was washing up my dishes. I would puree a bit more than what they would eat and that way I had leftovers for lunch the next day and some to store in the freezer. It is so satisfying & quite easy. I am glad you are enjoying it! We are starting Caleb on solids this month!! Hoping he likes it! - Kelly

Rachel said...

LOVE IT!!!

Christy said...

Mom made her own baby food all the time. She would do large batches and then "plop" amounts on a cookie sheet and freeze the "plops" until they were frozen; then she put them in zip lock bags; that way, she'd have gallon sized bags with frozen baby food plops and could take out however many she wanted/needed to feed the babies. :) Lots of variety, you know what you're feeding your baby, and less expensive! :)