Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Sunny Saturday Morning

It may be sunny, yes, but very very chilly. My neighbor just walked into my house, saying, "COLD, COLD," and promptly came over to my dining room table and rested his hands above the flames of the burning candles.

I am enjoying a rare moment of quiet. Caleb is taking a morning nap, (this rarely happens), and Jon went to the run some errands. This leaves me with my coffee and stillness. Just enough to fit a blog post it.

I wish I had something interesting to share, but I don't. Thus, the random bullet points.

  • I LOVE COFFEE. 
  • This weekend, I have a few hours of work with students, and the rest is MINE. Cannot wait. 
  • I wish I was more artistic. I am meeting with my students today and we will be making a proxe station. I hope they are more artistic than me:) A proxe station is an interactive way to engage in spiritual conversations using art and the Gospel. More on that later. 
  • Wednesday mornings are my favorite mornings of the week. I spend them with 3 beautiful women, inside and out, drinking coffee, laughing, crying, experiencing mommyhood and studying the Bible together. 
  • I am glad that Photoshop is on my desktop computer, in my office and not on my laptop. Otherwise I think I might be caught driving with my laptop open trying to edit photos. Ok, I am not THAT addicted, but I am LOVING what I am learning, and the possibility of helping others to have beautiful photos of their family. 
  • Speaking of which, I am starting a photography business. That's right folks!!!! It is a beautiful story of how God has weaved three lives, three stories and 1 passion together. Read more about it here. 
  • I have almost scrapped all of 2010 
  • I made a meal this week, that "had potential." I really want to make it again to redeem my efforts.  (Sage and Apple pork chops with red skinned potatoes) 
  • My boy is finally, finally, finally getting out of this severe tantrum phase. I know that with kids, there are many phases, and I know that we are not done with tantrums, but perhaps for this season...for a few days at least. 
  • Caleb got his hair cut yesterday, and was absolutely miserable,but he looks SOOO handsome right now. 
  • I want to scrub my floors. Maybe tonight
  • I want to clean my bedroom. Maybe tonight. 
  • I want to edit pictures. Definitely tonight.


Maybe I do need to realign my priorities:)

No comments: