Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photo Envy

It is New Years Resolution Time. I have made goals for every area of my life....except my photography "skills." I have friends who have started a blog for their photos, I have friends who are posting a photo a day on facebook for a year, I have friends who are taking classes and taking their photography to a new level.

Me?

I am scared.

I am intimidated.

I feel inadequate.

I am jealous.

So very jealous of other's fabulous work!!!

They say all photographers go through this. This "I can't imagine taking another picture, because I am so scared of how it will turn out...but I can't NOT take pictures......so I will take them and never even load them onto my computer. I will hide my camera so I can't find it. Or better yet....I will let my 12 month old son play with my camera to ensure it will be destroyed....never to be used again."

I am not acting on these, well, I am not acting on most of them. I hid my camera, only to dig it out, but I am scared to look at any of the images, and currently my son is tugging on my camera.....maybe it is meant to be.

I really do think I should take time to develop my skills, to spend time learning and experiencing, but right now, it seems so hard.

I started a photo blog a long time ago. Wait, you've never seen it? Why don't you jump right on over there? Oh wait....there are no pictures on there.

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

A) -You already know how I feel about your phtography and how it inspires me, so I guess I don't need to repeat all of that. :)

B) I totally get this. So much. I know it isn't good to compare and allow feelings of insecurity to steal the joy of something you enjoy - but I do it all.the.time.

C) I'm very excited about our PSE class! I think this will help both of us gain alot of confidence in the post production process.

D) That's all for now ;)