Monday, January 10, 2011

A Letter to My Colleagues

I think InterVarsity staff are some of the coolest people on the planet. Somedays, I so wish that I could be like them, because most days I don't see myself as a part of that staff box. I can't believe most days that this really is my calling, that I really do work alongside of other staff in this mission to transform lives, renew colleges and universities and change the world. Pretty high calling if you ask me. Good thing I have some amazing people to work with. 

Why are you so amazing? 

You pursue Jesus passionately more than anyone I know. You love Him and love people with a purpose and seek His kingdom in the world. 

You partner with World Vision in order to bring justice to this world and redeem the brokenness. 

You stay up and pull late nights playing six handed euchre, meeting with students, praying, prepping...

You live off coffee, but live off Jesus more 

You know what MBTI means, and either love or hate it. Shout out ISFJ:) 

You can rock a dance party......even if you are white with no moves 

Because of this post.

You study the Bible like crazy and do an fantastic job of training others to do so 

You have established generations of folks who can read the Bible, study the Bible and lead small groups 

You care about people, holistically

The power gospel is real in your lives 

Greg Jao?  Yes, yes. 

You speak the truth in love....to me, when it hurts. 

You think. 

You feel. 

You act. 

You pray. 

You want Jesus to work in the lives of students. 

You are sacrificial. 

You know what it means to have plenty and be in need. 

You know the pains, trials and joys of fundraising 

You know the pains, trials and joys of working with students 

You know the pain when someone asks, "When are you going to get a real job?" 

You are all so different, and yet you somehow work together 

You know what the Great Dane is and why it is needed 

You ask me if I am "red lining or green lining" 

Somedays, I wish I could grow and up and be just like you. 

No comments: