Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

So much of me wants to write a post about 2010. About how 2010 was one of the most
challenging,
 tear filled, 
marriage straining, 
wallet stretching,
 emotional, 
redemption needing, 
exciting, 
joyful, 
sleepless, 
prayerful, 
hopeful, 
passionate, 
healing years, 
EVER. 

But I won't bore you with all of that, because if you have been a reader of mine for any length of time you probably already know that.

How about I share some things with you that happened in 2010 that you might not know about?

-One day I received a letter from my very best college friend asking that we start writing letters back and forth. We have been writing for several months and our relationship and friendship is a more of blessing to me today that it has ever been before---even though we live across the country from each other.

-I am becoming more and more excited about being a woman, being feminine. I am still in the learning process of taking a long time to get ready in the morning, to do hair, and make up and wardrobe. I want to celebrate who God has created me to be, I want my husband to look at me and I want to be confident in who I am...a surprisingly a few extra minutes in the morning has helped with that.

-For the first time in my life I have wanted to fight through depression.

-I have started memorizing Psalm 119

-I have started working with the youth group at church. This is something  I said I would never do. I guess, never say "never," right?

-Became a bigger addict of scrapbooking

-Starting enjoying my quiet early mornings ----as long as there was coffee involved

-Saw God answer major prayers

-God has given me a new love for my family

-I have learned that I might not like my circumstances, but it doesn't mean that God has not called me to them

-we got rid of two of our cats (don't fret...they were sent to nice homes.....not like those nice country farms.....)

-We got rid of cable

-We traded our Yukon for a Honda Civic

-I have taken more photos than I know what to do with (oh wait, you probably know that)

-I questioned the gifts that God has given me more than I ever have

-I have held close to friends instead of walking away when things get tough

-I have been ok walking out of the house with baby drool on my shoulder and a snotty nosed boy in my arms

-I joined a gym and LOVE IT

-I still have not walked in my back yard

-I still hate nature and snow

-I am learning how to cook and bake (operative word: learning)  

-I have never loved someone more than I have loved my son

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So glad I am close enough to you to know quite a bit of your list. Thank you for being one of the friends you are walking with. <3 You.