Monday, May 31, 2010

Feeling Blessed

3 years ago, Jon and I packed familiar surroundings and moved to a new town for new jobs. We were very unsure of this town, it didn't feel like home, we missed our family, we were working a lot, and did not have many friends in town.
It took about a year to get adjusted. That is A LONG time to feel alone in a strange new town.

We have definitely found our place. We have a great house, with great neighbors, neighbors who feel more like family,

We are part of the community, from rec events, to a mom's group, to making sure our money stays in our community in where we shop and eat,

We are part of a great church.....

A church family that loves us and cares for us well. A church family that has mourned and rejoiced with us. A church family that has lifted us in prayer, given us words of encouragement and has stood by our side.

A church family who has fallen in love with our son,

So much so, that they threw us an AMAZING shower! I was so incredibly blessed by this shower. I felt loved and cared for and had some material needs met.

I am grateful that Caleb is going to grow up in a church that cares so much for him already. I am excited to share with him the ways that these people have been a part of his mom and dad's life. During the shower, folks were able to write down prayers/blessings/advice, etc for myself and Caleb. I am so excited to put those in a scrapbook and share them with him as he grows up.

It was great to merge two worlds--my mom and my sister were able to attend. It was fun to have them meet these dear people and be a part of this special day.

As you can see from the photo, this day tuckered my lil' man right out:)

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

It was such a neat shower! I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it. Seriously - the love was so evident.

Rachel said...

We are the blessed ones. You guys are so awesome! I so appreciate all you do for our church & community. LOVE YOU BUNCHES!

crystal said...

Hi Kristin,
I posted a comment earlier under your post "Why didn't anyone tell me I was black - please have a read if you have time... mommy!".
I just wanted to tell you... Your son is CUTE!!! What a cutie...
May God continue to bless you all.
Love from,
Crystal