Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Mom Moment

This week I have had 4 firsts as a mom:

1) Baby stroller blew away in the parking lot as I was getting Caleb into the car seat.

2)At Walmart, Caleb, puked ALL OVER. I didn't bring in a diaper bag, because seriously, what would I need in the 30 minutes that I was there? So I searched my purse and pulled out a kleenex. I swear Caleb was mocking me thinking, "You think that small piece of material is going to clean up this mess? Good luck with that." We headed over to the baby section, picked out a shirt, went through the check out line to purchase the shirt and then promptly had a cleaning session in the car.

3) I vowed that I would never be the mom that let's her child out of the house with a messy face, let alone in public. Last night our neighbor called and reminded us that we had 5 minutes to get to the polls to vote on the school board election. Caleb was in the middle of eating his cereal dinner, so we got up, ran across the street, messy face and all, handed him to said neighbor and ran to the polls. When we left the neighbor's house, another neighbor wanted to see "Little C" (this neighbor cannot remember how to pronounce Caleb")) so we brought him over. The best part? His adult daughter was visiting and wanting to see Caleb. Oh boy, did I ever eat my humble pie that evening.

4) Explosive poop diaper up the back and all over the body.

And, it's only Wednesday.

Wouldn't it be cool if I was the winner of these books? Hop on over to Allen and Kayla's blog and see their sweet adoption story!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You've got me laughing with that list! Oh well, the week can only get better, right? I have learned (the hard way) to always take a diaper bag and ALWAYS check that you filled it up with diapers. Yep, so useful to have a diaper bag with NO DIAPERS IN IT!!!! Ah well, live and learn I guess :)

Krista said...

UPDATE PLEASE.