Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am selfish {and maybe a tad lazy}

I would rather have my needs met than meet the needs of my family
I would rather have my dinner made that make it for my husband
I would rather have my son sleep through the night so I can get some sleep
I would rather be pampered than to serve
I would rather have my ideas heard and validated than listen to someone else's
I would rather have people live on my time schedule that me work around there's
I would rather have a magic switch than to actually work
I would rather have a self cleaning house than putting in the hard work, the satisfying work of cleaning

I care more about my morning coffee than how it got to my house
I care more about my wardrobe in the morning than the sweatshops they came out of
I care more about my money that giving it away to those who need it far more than I do
I care more about being comfortable than joining the poor

What would life look like if I was radically generous?
What would life look like if I was radically selfless?

Oh Jesus, help me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

LOVE this! Thanks for sharing.