Saturday, August 18, 2012

Remember me next time your sleeping

I am welcoming coffee back into my life. And by welcoming it, I mean chugging it, and clinging to Jesus. 

I am about to enter the busiest season of ministry with InterVarsity. I am so excited. It is going to be hard work, long hours, oh...and add some hard work to that. NSO time can be a time of little sleep due to the amount of campus work, and then going home to the family and household stuff. 

God has a sense of timing that I will not quite understand. I kept praying today, "Lord, why  do you think is a good time for us to have a baby that doesn't sleep? Would this summer have been much better when I was MUCH LESS busy?" 

I am clinging to the prayers of my colleagues as they prayed for me, praying that I would have the rest I need, that I would fully depend on God and that our new baby would indeed sleep. 

Baby? What baby? Earlier this week, we received a placement for a 3 week old boy, Mr. J. Tonight we picked him up. He is great in every way minus the sleeping. He will only sleep if I am holding him, great for him, bad for me. 

Would you pray that Mr. J would get some deep rest, acclimate to our house, and feel comfortable? Pray for my attitude, strength and rest as I dive into New Student Outreach. 

 

2 comments:

Krista said...

More details!!! How long will you have Mr. J?

Misfit Mom said...

Get a Moby wrap or another similar carrier, right away. Mine seriously changed my life when my daughter was the kind of newborn who would only sleep when I was touching her. You may not have Mr. J for the long term, but you're bound to get other babies who love to be held, or other babies who haven't been held enough and need that contact. I know I kind of sound like an evangelist for the gospel of babywearing, but, seriously, it's good for you and the bab(ies).