Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The no good, terrible, bad, horrible day that I loved.

I was so proud of myself for being mom of the year. What 2 and half year old doesn't want to go see the REAL live Thomas? And not just see him, but get your picture taken with him? And if that wasn't enough, you could ACTUALLY ride the real Thomas. Someone pinch me, because this seems too good to be true. Mom of the year award coming up now.

We were gearing up for our Saturday morning Day Out with Thomas.

Until Friday night, when we were placed with newborn baby J. Friday night, I had about 30 minutes of sleep. I fell asleep at 6am. We were supposed to be out the door at 7:45. I woke up at 7:30a. We had nothing packed. We had baby J for less than 8 hours. We didn't know if we had enough diapers, formula, clothes etc. We literally threw tons of stuff in the car and ran out the door. Except you can'[t do that with a newborn. J started crying and needed to be fed. He ate till 8:15. Now we were late. Our train ride was at 10:30. It was a two hour drive, and you had to be there by 10. We might make it, if we sped.

And then we needed gas. Add 5 minutes to the trip. Can we make up five minutes? Maybe.

We call the ticket company and the park and get a hold of no one. I don't even know if it will be worth our time to make the drive. If we miss our 10 time, can we even get in?

And then..car sickness. If you know me, this is no surprise. I get very sick in cars, very quickly and very often. I will spare details. Because of this, we would be lucky if we got to the park at 11.

I was crying, I was feeling guilty, I was anxious.

My mom was driving to meet us. I was feeling so bad that she would have to make a 1 and half hour drive, just to turn around because we couldn't use our tickets.

I wanted to crawl in a hole  and cry. And sleep. And feel sorry for myself.

And then....we pulled into the park. We talked to the ticket counter, and they were SO GRACIOUS. That, or they were scared of my frantic tears and sob story. Either way, our tickets were moved and my boy LOVED meeting the Real Thomas.

With meema, waving at Thomas

This is the view from our car that we were riding in.





I never thought I would have such a good day meeting Thomas. The things that those kids do to a mom's heart. I loved seeing his face, and more so I love hearing him talk about that day now, a few weeks later. He loved it and had fun. That is all that matters.

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Awww! That is the coolest thing. I didn't even know about this. He'll remember it always. <3

Krista said...

YAY!! I am so glad you made it! I was on the edge of my seat reading this story!!! What a great memory for a sweet little boy and his mama. :)