Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We entered in.

We had a great first placement on our foster care journey.

Last night was rough, as to be completely expected. What kid is going to do well when they are taken from their home, missing their siblings and parents and are sent to a stranger's house? We were expecting it to not be easy. CM, did not sleep at all, except from 6am-8am. I yawned this morning, and he asked why. I said, that I was very tired. He said, "Oh. You should have slept good like I did."

Back to the night. He didn't cry much, just 5-10 minutes. I rocked him to sleep.....and he calmed down. This morning he even said, "Remember when I was crying and you help me and rocked me?"

At one point, he wet the bed, so a quick change of sheets, and jammies and we were back in business.

He woke up in great spirits and ready to go about his day. He had a great time playing with Caleb, out in our back yard. I received a phone call that he was going to be transferred to a home where all 3 of his siblings could stay together. I was so glad that they could be together.

Once the time was coming for him to leave, we had a snack on the front porch. He quickly was acting very attached to me. He had to sit on my lap, had to be touching me, or hugging me and even asked if he could call me "Mommy." We talked about how he had a mommy who loved him, no one was trying to replace mommy. He had a hard time understanding what was happening.

Aside from no sleep--which my afternoon nap quickly cured, we enjoyed our entrance into foster care.

May God continue to use us to love on and care for those who need it most.


No comments: