Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As an introvert, I love my job.

Many times,  my job with InterVarsity, requires me to be an extrovert. I can fake it, and rely on Jesus to be strength when I don't "feel like it", as long as I take the time I need to rest, refocus, refresh and sabbath. Not every day requires dramatic extroversion, but there times.

And then there are times like today, where I am in introvert paradise, spending time with Lord, my journal and a cup of coffee.

Today, I am focusing on evaluating this past year, and planning for next year. Here are some of the great questions I get to grapple with today!


  • How am I doing in the midst of my current life stage and life circumstances? 
  • What is my spiritual health? Am I growing? How are my spiritual disciplines? 
  • How am I doing in my important relationships? How is my spiritual community? 
  • What aspects of my character or what behavior patterns need attention? 
  • What interests or involvements or subjects (outside of work) do I want to pursue? 

  • In what aspects of my current job do I need to improve? 
  • What strengths do I want to develop further? What weaknesses do I need to address? 
  • What new skills, practices or knowledge areas do I want to develop in order to excel? 
  • What career goals do I want to keep in mind? What might be a possible next role in IV? 
  • What learning and experience do I need in order to be ready for future opportunities? 

  • What broad aspects of my personal and professional life do I want to develop over the next few years? 
  • What current circumstances might positively or adversely affect my work in these goals? 
  • I n what specific ways do I want to grow this year? 
  • For each goal, what concrete steps will I take? How? When? 
  • For each goal, what tools, people or programs will I use? How can I access these? 

Please pray for me, for God to lead me as I jump into the next academic school year! 

No comments: