Friday, April 29, 2011

Seeing New Life

About 3 years ago I was ready to quit. I hated my job. I was sure that I was hearing God's voice wrong. I was sure that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I would never see the fruit of my labor, the fruit of my prayers and see God be glorified on campus.

During that time, God used some prophetic words and spoke into me Isaiah 42. He didn't just bring this passage to mind, but He has someone pray that passage of scripture over me, and to speak into it. I was challenged to live out the truths in the passage and spent the next few months memorizing that chapter.

It was my hope, my drink in the desert, my rest in a dry and weary land.

"Behold, the former things have come to pass,
         Now I declare new things;
         Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you."(Isaiah 42:9)

I clung to Isaiah 42:9. The old things are gone!!! God is doing a new work, He told me! I may not see it yet, but He told me. He gave me hope, to keep going, to keep pressing on and to keep pursuing Him. He gave me excitement and encouragement. 
Today, I was able to see some of the things that God had proclaimed to me. I was able to see those things spring forth. Today we celebrated what God has done on campus in the last year and what He is going to continue to do. 
Today we planted plants together.
 We know that if we take care of the seeds, give them the correct amount of sunlight, water them, weed them, they will eventually turn into a plant---

We trust that, because people have done it before us. We trust that because we have planted before and have seen results.
So we planted.

As we part ways for the summer, we will spend it praying, fasting and preparing for next year. We are trusting that God will continue to bring the increase, that He will continue to let us see the things that He has proclaimed to us.



 These girls ----
  invade my house
    drink my coffee
      babysit my child
       borrow my car
          eat my food
             watch my tv
               challenge me
                  text me when I am asleep
                    are family

These girls, whom I have come to love so dearly in the past year are the answer to my prayers. They are the start of God revealing all that He had proclaimed 3 years ago on that cold November day. 
They get silly sometimes...........

And sometimes spill their soil
Did I mention, spilling soil down Lily's shirt?

Thank You Lord for Your faithful promise. Thank You for sustaining me through proclaiming what You will do, and giving me encouragement. Thank you for this year. It has been the best yet.

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I really love this. It is awesome to see what God is doing!

Rachel said...

I really love this too! It sometimes does take time, even years, to see what God is doing. Great pictures :)