Monday, April 4, 2011

I have this new thing

I am trying this new thing. I have started a photography business with some friends, so I have this unbelievably huge pressure to capture great moments on camera. What? Why would that be a requirement for a photographer? I have this huge insecurity about my lack of skill and training so I am combating that with taking pictures and capturing moments in my everyday life, hopefully in a unique way.

Even if it is my 15 month old sitting in his high chair

Even if it is my 15 month old sitting in his high chair, eating broccoli salad

Even if it is my 15 month old sitting in his high chair, pretending to be silly and choking (which is not funny, by the way)

Even if it is my 15 month old, sitting in his high chair, with food all.over.his.shirt.  What kind of mom puts a kid in a high chair without a bib? Someone really should go and have a talk with her. I don't think she knows what she is doing.


Even if it is my 15 month old, sitting in his high chair, trying to hide his broccoli salad face from his crazy, camera holding mom.


Even if it is my 15 month old son, sitting in his high chair, signing "food," because he does indeed like broccoli salad.

This just came to me....I may need some inspiration. What do you think I should be taking photos of? Help! Or in the words of Caleb, "BOP, (help), and then signs please." I can hardly contain my oooooos and ahhhhhs of cuteness.

But seriously....I need inspiration, like yesterday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel free to stop by my house and take pictures of my kids... but I can guarantee they won't be eating broccoli salad... but they are cute! LOL You take beautiful pictures!

Krista said...

I love these pictures! What better inspiration than your own child?!

I would love to see some photos of Albion College! What do the students look like? Where do they hang out? How is campus attitude different between Monday and Friday? What do the buildings look like?

Brilliant!