Friday, October 30, 2009

You know what is NOT helpful?

I am hopeful. Jon and I are hopeful. When I asked him tonight if he thought the adoption was going go through, he said yes. I said "are you saying yes to protect me?" His reply, "I say yes, because she is our baby."

This is our general attitude. We love her. We want her. We are prepared for her. We are hopeful, but it doesn't mean that there are never waves of sorrow and grief. The unknowing silence can kill me sometimes. So do you want to know what is NOT helpful?

-staying up late.....the mind just wanders.

-watching tv...you would be surprised at the things that can make me break into tears.

-planning for the rest of the semester/year, not knowing if I will be holding my little girl this year or not.

-hearing other folk's adoption stories, or their friends stories, a story they heard on the news, etc. NOT HELPFUL! WHY? The story either ends well, and I think, "Great, what about my baby?" Or it doesn't end well and I think "well, that was encouraging--NOT" Folks, don't waste your words.

-When someone says "She must not have been the right one for you." You don't want to cross an angry/emotional/attached mamma when you say this to me.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I was talking to my sister this week, and told her that I was surprised that so many people were praying for us. She asked "Why? You guys have a huge support system!" Truer words have not been said. Thank you all for your support! We love you all.

Keep praying. Please pray that G would call the agency and go through with the adoption.

In case you were wondering...the due date is in 1 week and 4 days. Not that I am counting :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true. One good thing that's come out of the typically-well-intended-but-still-frustrating-and-hurtful comments we've heard in the past is exactly what you're doing now...and that's educating others. Good for you for getting word out. J for PB & J