Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday #7

I know that this is a little late for Thursday, but Jon and I have been spending time in the hospital with family since Thursday. More on that later.

Thanking God this week for:
-Getting home safely in the snow. What was supposed to be an hour and a half drive, took over 5 hours, but the Lord kept us safe and on the road, even as we saw several, several cars spinning out and in ditches.
-Sleeping in my own bed, and having a fan as a noise maker.
-Autumn, Jade and Joe coming to campus to pray for the students and campus life here. It was a blessing to be held up by other believers.
-Authors like Shane Claiborne that challenge me in my thinking and in my walk with the Lord.
-Starbucks in the lobby of Crittendon Hospital, helped us stay awake and enjoy the hospital a little more.
-Panera Bread being right next to Crittendon Hospital, allowed Jon and I to take several trips to get family meals so they don't have to leave the hospital.
-Doctors and nurses who are passionate about their jobs and know what they are doing.
-Jon's grandpa improving greatly.
-A good time with Jon's family, despite meeting in the hospital.
-An amazing, amazing husband, who encourages me and loves me all the time.
-Jon's co-workers were very understanding when we got the call to come to the hospital, and encouraged him to do what he needed. During our time at the hospital, he felt like he could be with his family and not focus or worry about work all the time.
-God's constant provision.

No comments: