Monday, June 25, 2012

Things My Kid Says #1

I am so excited for this ongoing post and series--if only to record for myself to look back on.

________________________________________________________________________________


Yesterday, when Caleb woke up from his nap, I said, "You took a great nap! Good job." He responded, "Well, I had a long rough day."

________________________________________________________________________________

We call our dog "Lila Pup." One day, Jon walked in the house and said, "Hey Lila Pup." Caleb declared, that he was "Caleb Pup."
We have fed into his desire to call himself that..... The other day, Jon said, "Caleb Pup, play fetch." For the next 45 minutes, Jon threw a ball, and Caleb, well...he fetched.
Yesterday, he said, "I Cay-ub Pup" and proceeded to run around the yard saying, "WOOF, WOOF"

_________________________________________________________________________________

When he tells us he is hungry, he usually adds where he is located.

example: "I hungry IN mumma's car." "I hungry IN the kitchen."

I am wondering if it is a type of "level system." Do different locations = various stages of hunger?

________________________________________________________________________________

I was sitting at the dining room table, checking facebook   working on my laptop. He climbed into the chair across from me and said, " So, how are we doing mumma?"

Are we having a high school, DTR conversation?

Or do I really say that? Well, I do say it, but do I say it often?
_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments: