Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Summer Time!

We are loving summer. 

It has been great already. Busy, perhaps more busy than the school year, but so good. 

We have put in a patio in the back yard, Jon built a swing set, I did a lot of planting, and want to continue to beautify my yard. My front yard is still a miserable disgrace, but the back is turning into a place of refuge. Still have few more projects that I want to do. 

We have been playing in the sandbox, taking walks, and having outside fun. 
Caleb and I took a trip to Pittsburgh, for the Regional Staff Conference for InterVarsity. 
We have been having parties and bbq's.  


Our house has been messy and sandy. Mmmmm. Not sure why? 
We have to bathe Caleb CONSTANTLY! No one told me summer time + 2 year old boy = 12 baths a day. Seriously. GROSS! 

And....we are working on potty training. And by "We are working" I mean I am trying to coax, bride, plead, at whatever cost to get him to start potty training. IT IS NOT WORKING. I'll save this for another blog post. 

Still to come this summer: 
-Seeing family from California 
-more weekends at the lake 
-Fundraising and planning for InterVarsity 
-possible foster child in our house 
-lots of photography business 

Also, and exciting weekend ahead: 
-We are heading to Mackinac for a friend's wedding. I get to be the photographer, we get to go to Mackinac and have a weekend without Caleb.I can't wait! Pictures overload, beware!

No comments: