Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of those days

Some days it is HARD to be a mom. And before you judge, I know that I only have on child and some of you have 32.

But some days are hard. 

They are sleepless. They are messy. I can't stop saying "no." I can't do anything right. I burn dinner. I rip a hold in the comforter that is in the dryer. They bathrooms haven't been cleaned in 3 months, my legs haven't been shaved in over a year and  I don't know the last time I showered. There are times where I have a teething, constipated, acid reflux suffering, tired child.

But not today.

Today was so good. 

So good, that I cannot even put into words what went on.

I loved on that little boy. I gave him kisses and hugs and we laughed and laughed and sang songs, and cuddled and I. LOVED. EVERY. SECOND. OF. IT.

The best part? He just learned this today: He takes my face in his hands, turns it to him, opens his mouth and plants a big, wet sloppy kiss on this lucky mamma's cheek.

Be still my beating heart. I am in love. I never knew a slobbery kiss to could melt my heart in .2 seconds.

3 comments:

Matt Montgomery said...

*thumbs up*

MTS said...

Hey Kristin! Just wanted to say I can totally relate to this post. Well said (and hilarious too!) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't cleaned a bathroom in 3 months and shaved her legs on a year. ;-)

Nothing better than a slobbery baby smooch!

Krista said...

You are WAY overdue for a new post! (And I'm WAY overdue to write a letter.....) --K