Thursday, February 3, 2011

Feb 3, 2010

One year ago today: 
We were anxiously awaiting the approval to take our boy home from the NICU 
In order to do that, we had to take a cpr class, LOTS of paper, Caleb had to pass the carseat test.....
We were scared to death. Our little 4lb boy didn't quite fit into the car seat. Apparently car seats aren't really made for 4lb babies. Apparently 4lb babies are rare. So are preemie diapers, and preemie clothes. 
We brought home our little boy. 
I was scared. I sat in the backseat with him the whole 2 hour drive home. I have never done that since then. 

Caleb's car seat test. Because he was hooked up to monitors and laying flat on his back for 6 weeks, they had to measure his levels while he was off monitors and propped upright. He passed!!! I think he is going to be a genius, seeing that his first test, he passed with flying colors:) A proud mama I am:)



We had our first visitors!!! Our dear friends and neighbors, came to visit and hold our baby Caleb. (Sorry Amber and Deanna.....you were also visitors that night, but I do not have pictures of you.) 

My oh my, how things have changed! One year ago, we had 4lb baby, eating every 3 hours, about 4 oz at a time. Last night, Jon and Caleb were sharing a box of cheez its. Oh great, he is taking after his daddy's salty snack cravings. 

Another major change from year to year: SLEEP!!!!! Last year at this time, we were not sleeping. This year......Caleb sleeps for 12 hours a night, and then takes a 2-4 hour nap every day. It's ok if you are jealous. I am already preparing for the next child who will probably never ever sleep. 

Happy Gotcha Day Caleb boy!

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love the adorable itty bitty Caleb pictures! What a journey you guys have been on with him!