Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Valentine




Dear Valentine, 

I have never been one that is great with words. I have never been one that can clearly articulate my emotions, but I am going to try over a simple blog post to tell you how much I love you. 

I love you. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. Like, I never ever want to be a day away from you. We have been a part for travel and we will continue to have times away, but it doesn't mean that I enjoy being a part of you. I love you, every single day with you. 

It seems like ages ago that I dreamed of the man I would marry. I never thought that you would be the man that would fit me so well. You "get me." You understand what I need more than I do. You are a fabulous listener. 

This past year or so have been pretty crazy, huh? Can you believe all that we have been through? We are parents! Sometimes I still have to pinch myself and realize that we really are parenting together. Through good times and bad we are in this together. I can't imagine going through this year with anyone else but you. Thank you. Thank you for standing by me. Thank you allowing me in, and being vulnerable. 

Next to parenting we have been on a journey together towards weight loss and fitness. We are slowly but surely making headway. I am so proud of you. So so so so proud of you. You have turned into a runner, into a man that loves fitness, to a man that loves to eat healthy food. You are my inspiration. I am so proud of you sweet, sweet, valentine. 

You know that I hate getting flowers. 

You know that I ramble, and need to process with you. 

I love listening to you play guitar. 

I love sitting on the couch watching movies with you. 

Car rides are not the same without holding your hand and enjoying your sweet conversation. 

I love you, oh so much my valentine. 

I hope on this special day I can give you a glimpse of that love. 

1 comment:

Krista said...

Awww! Super sweet! And, I have to say, that is an AMAZING picture of you two!