Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Mom Resume

When you are a mom you have a whole new set of skills that are acquired. What kind of job do you think I could land if this was my resume?
  • I can function on 3 hours of sleep and lots of coffee
  • I can change a diaper in 10 seconds flat in a moving car if need be
  • I can recognize the difference between a hungry cry, and a painful cry
  • I know how to pack my purse with my wallet, my camera, cell phone, diaper, wipes and a bottle, concealing it all so that people don't even know I have packed for a baby
  • I have some bulging biceps from holding a car seat all the time
  • I have the ability to sleep through the cries of a baby
  • I can get myself ready, shower included....in about 20 minutes if need be because I need to rush around getting an infant ready
  • I can swaddle a baby like a tight sardine
  • I have mastered feeding a baby, checking facebook./blogging and eating cereal. All.at.once.
  • I have a great sense of schedule and find myself outlining my day in four hour blocks, based on the every 4 hour feeding.
  • Crying does not intimidate me. Try me. You will lose.
  • I no longer feel the need to have showering be a normal part of my routine.
  • Wine=lovely. Coffee=lovely. Naps= AMAZING
  • I am so self-confident that I can walk around all day with baby puke on me and not care. (I would care, if I would actually SEE and SMELL the puke)
  • I can now connect with women on a whole new level

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

You nailed it. :) What a great mommy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really hit that nail on the head!!! Wait until you have more kiddies, then you become Wonder Woman.(Your hearing becomes bionic) Oh, thanks for the Alice tip! I set up my accoount, it seems to good to be true. Now if I only had time to set up all my ducks... Beautiful pictures, have a great day. B. Harwood