Thursday, April 15, 2010

Everyone needs an Alice

I have a new obsession... Alice.com.

I travel to the site at least once a day pretending that I am going through my shopping list. I actually have a filled cart there, I just haven't purchased anything.

Alice is a great website. It is a shopping site with incredible deals and free shipping....all the time.

I am a sucker for a good deal.

And we are trying hard to pinch pennies wherever we can.

So why can't I bring myself to purchase my groceries from here?

Because, when Jon and I moved to our town, we promised to keep our money in the town. We said that we would do our shopping here, eat out here, worship here, send our kids to school here, basically to believe in the town, to pour into it, and to put our money where our mouth is. And we have done that, most of the time.

But Alice is calling my name. So much so that Jon and I had a conversation about it, because I couldn't get it off my mind. He said that we should do it, and with the money we save, we can give to one of the non-profits in town.

We want to care about our town, by words and deeds. We want to invest in our town. But what to do when shopping online is just SOOOO much cheaper?

Any of you have this dilemma?

No comments: