Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Taking good training for granted

How many of you know that InterVarsity has the best training offered EVER? Ok, so I am a little biased, but in all sincerity, I marvel at how God uses people to come up with some outstanding training material.

This week I am preparing for my week at Cedar Campus, for our annual chapter camp, known as Chapter Focus Week. I am a part of the Small Group Leader's Training track, and it is so fun to prep for my bible studies this week, for talks I will lead and just being a part of the track in its entirety.

I, by no means am new to small groups. I grew up in a cell based church and was very involved and received great training on how to lead and multiply cells. I love leading SG's in college and continue to love to lead as a staff member with IV.

BUT....who would have known that the time I take to prep for Chapter Focus Week would actually teach me something new, renew my love and passion for small groups, and get me excited about doing new things, doing better things in the fall? Can you believe it?? Well, I can, because that is just how God seems to work, but I really am enjoying this process of learning.

Anybody want to receive some great small group leader's training...? :)

No comments: