Sunday, July 14, 2013

Celebrating Anniversary Week -- High School Years Edition



I know, the quality of picture is insanely bad......but, hopefully you can see it:) 

         This week, Jon and I are celebrating seven years of marriage. I am excited to share some of our story with you....and the subsequent pictures that go along with the story.

       My grandma says that our story started in 1992 when Jon was in third grade. My grandma was Jon's third grade teacher, and she swears to this day, that she talked with Jon's parents about marrying me when he was in her class. I don't remember that AT ALL. I don't remember meeting Jon until I was in 6th grade. Our families went to the same church, and we grew up in youth group together.

        Sometime during my freshman year in high school, Jon and I were interested in each other. My parents had a no dating rule until I was 16, and truthfully, I was grateful for that. I didn't really know what dating meant....I didn't know what to do. I would be out of town for my 16th birthday, so a few days before Jon showed up at my house with a birthday card. It was simple. And sweet. And still, we weren't dating. We started dating a month after my birthday.
 
        High school was rough. We were very interested in each other, and loved spending time together, but as teens, we were on again, and off again...a lot. I don't know how many times we broke up, and got back together.  We both had our own demons and struggles. This played a pretty huge role in our relationship. When I graduated high school, we broke up "for good." Actually, it was the day of my graduation open house. Good memory, huh? It was also the day Jon gave me my graduation gift: a beautiful tennis bracelet, that took me 2 seconds to lose.

       I'll get more into the college years in my next post, but breaking up after I graduated was absolutely needed. We both had some serious things we needed to work on, and we really were not loving each other well.

     

Jon and I went to two different high schools and were a year apart. Because of this, we went to A LOT of dances. My parents were so glad that I could wear those expensive dresses twice:)

- 5 homecomings
-4 proms
-3 Winterfests

Next up: College Edition

No comments: