Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And out of nowhere, I have pneumonia

On Tuesday of last week, I was crazy busy from 10am-9pm with photo shoots. It was awesome. The day I dream for. Around 6pm I started getting a migraine. I thought it was from dehydration and not eating super well throughout the day. I kept feeling more and more sick.

Wednesday morning when I woke up, I was in so much pain, I couldn't take a breath without it feeling like someone was stabbing me. Long story short, I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. Seriously? How did I not know that it was coming? And how does one get pneumonia in the middle of June?

The cure: Rest lots. Sleep a lot. Really?

Those medical people, they are pretty funny. Sleep seems like a rarity at our house. But my husband took those orders VERY seriously. He was my nurse, cook and took total care of the kids, and I slept. A LOT.

I am so grateful for a husband to let me sleep. I know that is the only reason why I am functioning as well as I am. I was so rested over the weekend. I want to still be able to get some rest during the day, because I don't want to relapse, but my amazing husband definitely set me up for success.

Just another reason why I love him!

1 comment:

Laverne Bodnar @ USHealthWorks.com/Sacramento-Downtown-Center said...

Our body needs enough time to restore its condition. But for those who are unaware, people who suffer from pneumonia may actually have a low immune system and may need months for full recovery. Just follow your doctor's order and be more aware about your health. Reward yourself of long hours of sleep and rest once in a while, no matter how busy you are taking care of your family.