Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why Staffwork is Good for Your Kids

I work with InterVarsity as a campus staff member. I love my job. I absolutely love my colleagues and cannot believe that God allows me to be a part of the great mission of His.

One of the many things that I love about InterVarsity is that being on staff with InterVarsity is good for your kids. So good in fact, that I will be featuring this on my blog on a regular basis. Here is installation #1.

Apparently college students are way funnier than normal people. Staff work is good for your kids, because it gets them to laugh once in a while, even if there is food in their mouth. 

s

 Staff work is good for your kids, because they see young people studying the word of God and excited to apply truth to their lives. (And excited about manuscripting. Do you have to be an IV geek to know what I am talking about?) Even if Caleb was distracted by the pumpkin muffins, he is still seeing a love for Scripture, a prayer that I pray for him every day.

Staff work is good for your kids, because it gives them someone to look up to. 

Staff work is good for your kids, because they begin to fall in love with the students. They love having them added to their family and seeing them around campus. 



Staff work is good for your kids, because they learn about mentoring relationships, how to disciple and help one other person strive to be like Jesus.

Staff work is good for your kids because of the array of available babysitters. When mommy and daddy get to go out, they come home happy. Happy parents = happy kids.

Yep, it's true. Staff work is good for your kids.

No comments: