Thursday, January 19, 2012

Afternoon Chat

How are you? I haven't been around in a while. Not because I have been without blogging ideas, but because I have not wanted to go in my cold office and sit on the computer. :( Even with new windows it is cold. Probably because the space heater doesn't work and we are yet to put curtains up...so yes, it is cold.


Ready for the randomness that is in my head?

1. I was going to blog about the I hate Religion/I love Jesus video. But I'm not. It doesn't need more attention. And I don't know that I can add more to the conversation than what other people have already said. And I want to put my time else where. And it doesn't need more publicity. And I am T I R E D of people mentioning that video. So I am not going to do (even though I just did.)

2. TOMORROW I am going to be on a conference call with other InterVarsity staff, the president of Wycliffe Bible translators, International Justice Mission and World Vision. SO SO SO excited. Except that I only get cell service in my office. And it is cold in my office. And Caleb may or may not nap during that time. Other than that....SO SO SO SO SO excited.

3. I haven't taken a photo since Christmas.

4. I am memorizing Romans 6. I am thinking about doing a video blog reciting what I have memorized each week and doing a little chat about Romans. Would you be interested in hearing my voice?


5. I have a mentor. An amazing mentor. It is so funny how I am excited and completely nervous. Yesterday I was supposed to call her to talk at 3pm my time (she lives a few states away). All day, I was so nervous. I knew that she was going to ask questions that were hard. I knew that  she might be used by God to uncover some wounds, that instead of the immediate healing, she might open up the hard, broken parts of my heart. And make me cry.  And she did. She even told me that there are a lot of tears ahead on this road and that I will never be "there." I will never be done on this process, just more confident in how God has made me. And yet....I love it. I love being challenged in that way. I love the words she has to say, the life she has been through, the wisdom that she has and the boldness to press in. I guess I call her again in a month.

6. My fingers are really cold. I need to finish this post and wrap myself up in a blanket and wrap my fingers around a hot cup of tea. Wait....do I have tea in the house? I don't drink tea. I should ask some of my students if I have tea in the house.

7. I am currently addicted to listening to Jesus Culture on Grooveshark.

8. I love Pinterest. I hate that it sends you updates when people have repinned your pins. I finished a ton of Pinterest projects over Christmas break.


9. I want to make my room into a sanctuary type place.  A place where Jon and I can leave the worries of life (including laundry) and rest. And you know.....do other stuff. And because my parents and grandma reads this blog, I will just stop there.  (Wink wink nudge nudge)

10. I found myself praying a lot today for Caleb. Praying that God would give me grace and mercy with him. That I would love Caleb well, and discipline him well, knowing that he is two and does not understand everything, but knowing that he is two and understands a whole lot. After a time out, two spanks and some yelling, I told Caleb that we should talk to Jesus and ask Jesus to help mommy be a good mommy and help Caleb to learn right from wrong. Caleb did not want to talk to Jesus. We did anyways. Because I am the mom. And boy do I need the grace of Jesus.

11. Single most frustrating moment of my life.....any time Caleb is in his crib. He throws everything out of his crib and then realizes what happens and wants them back. For instance, yesterday during nap time, for two hours, T W O   L O N G hours, he would throw his pacifier, puppy and Thomas pillow out of the bed and start crying. I would put them back in, and talk to him. After an hour, I told him if he did it again he would get his hands spanked. That threat didn't work, so spanks happened. I am so so so tired of this. This weekend, we are putting the toddler bed up. Hopefully this will help keep my sanity.

12. I am on day 21 of P90X and LOVE it.  Love Love Love it. And sometimes Jon and I work out together. I never thought I would work out with Jon. (Wendi, stop laughing).

13. I can't wait to start getting busyer with the photography business. It was a great break, but ready to start up again.

14. On my reading list: "Longing for More: A Woman's Journey to Transformation in Christ," "Women in the Church,"  "Sacred Marriage," "Red Hot Monogamy", and reading the Bible through again in 2012. What is on your reading  list?

For the sake of my cold hands, this blog is done.  Love to you!!

No comments: