Saturday, September 10, 2011

Traverse City Vacation Part #1

I was so excited to have a long weekend getaway with my man. It was something we so needed and came at a great time. You may not want to know all the details of our vacation, but I will be using this blog as a reminder--so when I actually scrap book this trip I remember the details:) 

Friday morning we slept in and went down to the bay. Oh, sweet Traverse Bay:) 

Once at the bay, Jon went for a run and I had a fabulous quiet time. I spent time journaling, praying and reading my Bible along the shore. 

I saw a handsome guy walking. I picked him up and asked him out to breakfast. 
Growing up, my family used to vacation in Traverse. We would ALWAYS go to the Omlette Shoppe and get raisin toast. This morning, I introduced Jon to the Omlette Shoppe, a favorite:) The wait was long, about 30 minutes to get in for BREAKFAST.

After breakfast we had some time before getting back to the hotel and get ready for the wedding. Oh yah, the real reason we were in Traverse City for the wedding of my students...well now, former students. 


mmmmm. Where should we go first? Good thing I saw a hot guy with a map to ask for directions!


 
It was wonderful to walk down the street, hand in hand, with the love of my life. We weren't rushing, we weren't changing diapers, we weren't chasing a toddler. We were simply with each other. We went window shopping, enjoyed good conversation and simply were. 







2 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww.... I love Traverse City! Sounds like a much needed break. I have to say I am slightly jealous. :)

Rachel said...

We love Traverse City too! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away. I can't wait for that day to come for us again :)