Sunday, September 26, 2010



I can't help but to look at that load on your shoulders. I can't help but notice it. I am not sure if the whole world can see it, but I can. Actually, you hide it well, so everyone else probably does not know.

Either way, I guess it doesn't matter if anyone notices or not. I notice. I notice everything. I hurt for you. I pray for you. A LOT.

I long to be the friend that is sacrificial, full of love and grace, with wisdom and honesty and tact, lots of tact. But I am not. I am so not that person. I am actually pretty selfish. I think about myself a lot.

Maybe this time. Maybe this time will be the time that I carry your burdens. Maybe this will be the time that I walk through life with you, with your pain and your junk, because we all have it don't we? Maybe this is the time that I bring Kleenex with me, because I know you are hurting, and I know that tears will come.

I know that I won't know what to say. I never do. I am never the friend that has wise words and great advice. I really don't. I stumble with my words and can't get anything to come out of my mouth right.

I am learning to be a new friend.

Let
me
carry
your
burdens.
They are not too
HEAVY.
Not for me.
And definitely,
Not for Him.