Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday #8

It is not quite Thursday yet, but it will be in a few minutes, and I don't know when I will have time to blog tomorrow.....so you get it early:) Also, I didn't post last week, so I get to do even more:)

Thanking God this week for:

-An opportunity to spend time with family and friends in spite of a family member's death. It was a great time to catch up with people.
-Starbucks caramel machiatto. I am thinking that I should not be thankful for it, because it has become an addiction, but it has kept me awake and given me an extra jolt when I needed it.
-A sweet night out with Matt and Angie, even though I was exhausted!
-A great night at Chili's with Joe and Kim.
-People in my life who realize I need alone time, and non-touchy time.
-A husband who let me spend most of Sunday and some of Monday all by myself, because I was completely overstimulated with seeing Jon's family all week.
-A chance to worship at Crossroads this past weekend.
-Seeing Grandma, my parents, sisters, aunt, uncle and cousins.
-Laughing so hard my stomach hurt at my aunt's high school play that she directed. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. "We're all in this together..." Jenna...are you reading this?
-JOURNALING!!! What a great way to help me process.
-The book, "Irresistible Revolution." It has changed my thinking and given Jon and I great conversations. I know I posted about this last time, but this week Jon is reading it.
-Encouragement from students.
-Fund Development training
-God's call on my life
-Knowing that I am where I am supposed to be
-Great leadership in InterVarsity that encourage prayer and fasting. Nothing can be done without seeking the Lord and aligning our will up to His.
-A Mark Schultz song.
-Beautiful weather!!!
-Phone calls from my family, even if it is 5 times a day. I love them....a lot.
-A chance to borrow a second car, until we can afford to get one ourselves.


'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts, Kristin! They encourage me to look closer at the small things that I should be thankful for.

I owe you a phone call.

--2/5