Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Mother's Day First

In almost 8 years, I have not spent time with family on Mother's Day. It started when I was in college and went off to Chapter Focus Week with my InterVarsity Chapter. It would ALWAYS fall on the weekend of mother's day. 

And then I joined staff with InterVarsity. Over the years, I have put in 1-3 weeks a summer of Chapter Focus Week and every single one has been over Mother's Day weekend. 

But not this year. Just the way the calendar fell:) 

Instead, Chapter Focus Week ended the Friday before Mothers Day. My mother's Day gift was a hotel room, all by myself to recover from said week. Let me tell you, working with college students is not for the faint of heart. (I think I saw this on facebook from a colleague, so I am going to steal it.) Jon's parents still had Caleb (they watched him while I was gone), so we had to make the trip 2 hours east to pick up my baby. 

And I was able to see my little sister celebrate her first Mother's Day. 



While everyone was together, we had an impromptu photo shoot. I shutter at this picture. (Notice...open garage and car.Now that you see it, you can' take your eyes of it, can you?) 
We had to get a picture of mom and her girls. 

Time for Dad to join the picture. 

Our family tree is growing. Adding Raegan and Caleb to the mix. 

Sisters and their babies. (Even though Caleb looks like he is my size, I assure you, he is and forever will be my baby Cay-ub. 

My youngest sister, Jalissa with her niece and nephew. 
I think we have some hillbilly kids. Both with no shoes and Rae's diaper hanging out of her dress. Where are the parents? 

All of the sisters together. 
I
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: