Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ready or not here we come

It came suddenly clear to me as he was holding me this evening. I asked him, "So, are you ready for this? It's happening." As the words rolled off my tongue, I realized just how much heartbreak I may be signing myself up for.

We have been talking about foster care for a long time now, and have gone to Orientation, filled out paper work, finished one class, and then it stopped. For whatever reason, communication with the state stopped. Part of it could have been the holidays, part of it could be God slowing us down, either way....stopped, until yesterday.

Yesterday we received a HUGE packet in the mail of paperwork that needs to be filled out. Of course, I jumped on it and have about half filled out now. And then this afternoon, our case worker calls. She wants to come out on Wednesday to do a home visit and "get the ball rolling."

 Here we are. Following Jesus. Clinging to His promises. Clinging to each other.

Here we are one happy family, trying to give love to a child that needs it.

Here we are, willingly signing up for  trials, heartbreak, pain, confusion and sorrow.

Here we are, willingly signing up to bring life.

Here we are, ready for hard.

Here we are, because the gospel is real, the kingdom is near, and we have been called.

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love the example you are setting. I love that you willingly put your heart out there, for the sake of all that God desires. And I'll be here to make you "coffee" along the way.

Anonymous said...

John 16:33. Always encouraging to see you guys seeking out God's heart, Even in the midst of trials.