Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a random kind of day

Nothing was on the schedule today. Not that I didn't have to DO anything, but I did not have to rush out of the house for anything, very strange, and definitely strange on a Wednesday.

The day started by turning off my alarm clock on 5:30am. I took the time to sleep a little extra and woke up at 7:30a. Sweet extra sleep. So good. Isn't sleep just as good for the soul as it is for the body?

Caleb and I played, and played and played. We read, we giggled, we tickled. We had a great morning. It was so fun to concentrate on being his mommy.

He is down for a nap, I have some comfy clothes on, coffee in hand, and feel like writing a completely random blog post.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Some students on campus are participating in the One Dress Project. They are wearing one dress for at least a month, some until he new year in order to raise awareness and money about human traffiking. I am so proud of their initiative, of their desire to seek God's justice, of their boldness and hearts. It is definitely, an "I love my job" kind of day.

Speaking of which....I love my job. So many great things are happening on campus, and I get to be part of it! I get to be a part of training students in how to study the Bible inductively. I get to wrestle with students as they are dealing with tough heart issues and road blocks to faith. I get to pray and see answers to prayers. I get to see students gain a heart for the campus, that everyone would come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior. I get o read books as part of my job, because it is classified as training and discipleship. I get to study the Bible for my job. I can work out of my home.....or I don't have to. I have 30 tubs of cookie dough in my fridge because of my job. Just lots to be grateful for!

Next week, my brother in law, who is in InterVarsity student at  (cough, cough, insert rival school name, cough, cough)is coming to Albion to share with students how God has changed their InterVarsity chapter through prayer and evangelism. I am excited to hear what he is going to share. I am excited for Albion students to "get it," and to be mobilized in mission.
_______________________________________________________________________________
The photography business......growing like crazy. We met with a business consultant last night and let me say... O V E R   M Y   H E A D. There is a reason I am not in business. So much to do! But, we are growing and need to be legal, pay taxes, etc, so it is time to start this thing.

There is never NOT something to do with the photography business. Always seem like there is something to edit, a cd to be made, a client to get back to, props to make or buy, research on business planning, etc. Always somethin. I love and hate it. I love that it is growing and is giving me some extra income and allowing me to pursue a passion. Not so excited that I go to bed guilty knowing that I have 2 weddings, to 2 senior sessions to be edited. Not to mention the 5000 pictures of Caleb on my computer that I have never even looked at, let alone edit, because I have to do work pictures first.

The plumber's house always has the leaky faucet, right? :)
________________________________________________________________________________
Currently reading:
Still finishing the Bible------almost through the Old Testament
God on Campus
Longing for More
Women in the Church
Romans

* I could probably write a whole blog post on what I am learning through each of these books*
_______________________________________________________________________________
I love fall.
I love the coolness, the leaves, the clothes, the colors, the flavors. LOVE IT.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Tonight the Strike Team from the International House of Prayer in Kansas City is coming to Albion. Cannot wait. Caleb will be with me, so I imagine that it will be an early night, but still. Cannot wait.

I had a summer goal to make it to the International House of Prayer in Elkhart, IN, but for reasons beyond my control, could not make it there this summer. Who wants to go with me this year? On a Tuesday night I believe.....
________________________________________________________________________________
I really like coupon shopping.  
________________________________________________________________________________
Caleb is huge.

_______________________________________________________________________________
Hello, my name is Kristin, and I am addicted to Pinterest.
_______________________________________________________________________________
The randomness, must come to an end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

rival and BETTER school!

Krista Stevens said...

I simply LOVE this blog post. P.S. I LOVE Jesus (and Pinterest) too!
-Krista

Rachel said...

Nice happy randomness! Love it!

Cristina said...

I want to go to the International House of Prayer too!!! Maybe we can go together?? I'd love to get together with you and Caleb when we get back :) Enjoyed your random post.

Agnes Grace said...

Definitly want to go to International House of Prayer! Me and my friend have been talking about spontaneously getting up and skipping school and heading there one day. :)