Sunday, January 13, 2008

On Seminars

Upon Krista's request, this blog is dedicated to telling about the seminars I attended at Staff Conference.

HOW TO MAKE EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS EVANGELISTIC
-The biggest thing that I walked away from this seminar is to have an evangelistic attitude in every conversation. see conversations and everyday life as an opportunity to go deeper. Most of what happens is my own mindset before I even begin a conversation.

HOW TO RECRUIT MEN INTO YOUR FELLOWSHIPS
-Whether I was at Central or at Albion, it has been a struggle to have men in our fellowships. During this seminar, we heard from 4 staff from across the country and heard ways that they have recruited men. there are several great ideas! Let me know if you want them and I will pass those ideas on!

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL: HEALING PRAYER AND BREAKING ADDICTIONS
-During the past few months the Lord has brought me to a place of deeper prayer and intercession and I have been sensing that He is calling me into healing prayer. This seminar was great!!!!! It was some "How to's" on healing prayer, as well as actually praying. It was amazing to see how God really does answer prayer and I am encouraged how powerful the Gospel is!

THIS week...off to the Regional Staff Training Institute (RSTI). We will be focusing on evangelism and doing some evangelism at U of M. Please pray for our encounters with students there, that we would be bold in sharing and that students would make commitments to follow the Lord.

No comments: