Saturday, April 2, 2016

So a year has passed.

It's been a year since I updated this silly thing.

A year.

It's not like I didn't have things to say. I did. Lots.

I never quite could articulate what was happening in our house, where we were on our foster care journey and how we are generally doing in life.

I LOVE the "On this date" section on Facebook. I love seeing what I was doing in years past. I realized that I really like seeing where our family has been compared to where we are now.

My goal is to post once a week, if for no one else, just myself so I have a record of whats going on.

The quick run down, or year in review:

-Caleb started Kindergarten. It was a very rough start, but it was a time that I really was able to lean into Jesus and deepen a friendship with his principal.

-We built a house an hour away and moved. We are currently hoping to sell our old house but will likely do a rent to own.  We built the house thinking we would have 5 kids move in with us. That didn't happen.

-Our little sister girls that we were fostering went home with mom in January. That was hard. I didn't even get to say goodbye (more on that later).

-Our teens were supposed to move in with a family member in October, but ended up doing that a few weeks ago.

-A week and a half ago our little sister girls came back to live with us.

-I started a new job teaching toddlers in a day care center.

-Jon is finished with school.


That's the short run down. What do you want to hear about first? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait... you're a teacher now? #shocked