Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 8,9,10,11

Month of Thanksgiving 2013

Ok, so I am a little behind. It's all good, just because I wasn't posting didn't mean I stopped being thankful. Bear with my long list:

-Compelling 2013: a wonderful, God honoring conference with 850 students and staff from around Michigan, learning what it means to tear down walls and glorify God. Students were trained, met with God, grew in community and were sent back to their  campuses. I am so so so grateful to be a part of it.

-In the Gap: Compelling was broken down into several different tracks/seminars that students could take. I was a part of In the Gap, training 60 students all weekend how to lead through intercession. So grateful to be among people who value intercession, so much so, that it is seen as a way to lead.

-Tina: It has been a few years since I have seen Tina. We were on staff together, and she has left staff to pursue her teaching career. It was so good to hug her, catch up, and pray with her. I have missed her so much! And it was so good to see how God has been working in her life, and bringing sweet, sweet redemption to her ministry.

-Michigan State: It's a cool campus. Just sayin.

-My own hotel: Most years, I room in the same hotel as students during Compelling. This year, we had a couple hotels booked, and staff were moved off site. I was grateful to sleep at another hotel. It was much quieter:) I had good sleep, and a very comfortable bed.

-FSB: My supervisor. One of the most faithful, steady, pastoral man that I have ever met. And I could probably come up with a lot more adjectives.

-Photos texted to me from my husband: While I am away, it is so fun to receive pictures from home to see how things are going.

-Sweet goodbyes

-InterVarsity staff

-Scripture, it is so so so good. Nothing is as life giving.

-A plan to grow in teaching: I am so excited for the next step that my friend Diana and I are going to take. We both love to teach scripture--stay tuned for what this will look like.

-A conversation filled with grace: I don't talk on the phone with my aunt a lot, but Sunday night's conversation was needed and so good. Thanks Ang! I feel loved and cared for!

-God saying no: God has closed the doors on a few things in our life. It is bittersweet, but I am thankful for God's voice, even if it isn't what I always want to hear.

-Hulu: It helps my photo editing time go by faster

-Pumpkin spice coffee, from Biggby, brewed at home. Just as delicious, but cheaper.

-Uncle Jason: While I was gone this weekend, Uncle Jason came to visit his nephew. Should I take offense that he waited till I was gone? :) Just kidding! I know Caleb had a great time, and it is so fun to hear all about their time together. The sword fought all night. Jason's sword was a pillow. Pretty dangerous, huh?  

No comments: